8 3/4 brake line distribution block?

-

crvtec90

Reaction score
is this what its called? i dunno. on my 7 1/4 rear out of my 66 there is a vent in the axle tube and there is a splitter block that sends brake fluid to each wheel cylinder. my 8 3/4 does not have a vent and i thought the splitter block also had the vent in it. is this correct and anybody know where i can find one? thanx. tim

I think its called a distribution block, or a "T" fitting. When I did the 7.25 to 8.75 swap I used the vented bolt from the 7.25 and the same block. WOrked fine. Make sure you use the vented bolt with that little cap on top or you might find yourself leaking diff fluid.

Mike

thanx 4 the reply, but what i am tryin to say is that i dont have the bolt with the vent in it and i need it. there was not one on my 7 1/4. the axle tube actually has a hole in it with this metal shield over it to prevent any thing from getting in. my 8 3/4 rear had the bolt, but it is toast.

I would think someone around here would have one laying around somewhere. You may want to put an ad in the parts wanted section and see what turns up.

-
Back