8-3/4 Diff. Gasket. (what application to search?)

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
I went to the parts store looking to get a gasket so I can put the carrier in my dif. The smart :munky2: guys behind the counter dont use books anymore so after I searched :read2: every application I could think of, I gave up.:angry7:
Now Im on Rockauto.com trying to search by application and for the life of me I cant find an application that had anything bigger than the 8.25.
Anybody help me out here? :@:
Thanks

Most anything 65 up some A`s Most B`s and C bodys with HP or big block engines, I just ordered and recieved one from advance auto, if you have them down there.

The orig mopar part # for my 69 8 3/4 gasket is #1673367. Try Napa, I got mine from up National Moparts up here in Canada, might not be much help to you though. They have a toll free # 888 652 7464

Got a couple of the pig to housing gaskets at my local NAPA. Guy didn't even have to look it up!

I never use the gasket, put some rtv/silicone on the housing and spread it around with your finger. Then just drop the gears in and tighten them up.

I agree, RTV is all you need, clean the surfaces, run a medium bead all the way around. Let it set up for 30 Min's or so and bolt it together. Been doing this way for years without a problem.

I only use silicone on mine too,never had a leak once.:cheers:
Racing the 66 Dart 024.jpg

Racing the 66 Dart 024.jpg

-
Back