8 3/4 gears

-

Darius

Darius
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a 2:76 set of gears for an 83/4 rear with a 489 case?
I swapped a 5.7 with the auto transmission and all the computers from an 07 Charger into my 70 GTX. My goal is to get it as close to stock as I can and once it is running I will mess with it.
The gear in the 07 was a 2:82 so a 2:76 would be an almost negligible difference

SOB I gave a good set away to the junk man last month when I changed over to 4.30 gear.
The only thing I used was the case and caps out of the housing.
I knew I should have kept them.
The positive side is that that is not a desirable ratio, I think I paid only like $90.00 for a complete bolt in center section with an open rear.

Don't foget to factor in the tire diameter. You need to try to match factory engine RPM to actual factory road speeds for it to be the same as original factory programming.

Sounds like a nice plan. Good luck!

Also check for 2.92? ratios in about any "C" body.

If you want new call Wjr Wolfe 970-454-2636 He may also have used, hes a great guy to deal with.

you still need this? I have a 489 with 2.76 gears that i want to swap for 3.23's.

I think 2.94 was a pretty common ratio for standard 8 3/4, at least in 66/67, but that would be a 741/742 case.

Are you sure about that 2007 factory ratio?

The past 20+ years, the thing to do has been a fairly low rear gear with o/d trans for a final drive in the 2.7x range.

-
Back