8 3/4 half ton pu work

-

dwgibbs

Reaction score
I am working on a 74 dart with my son. Its got a 318 in it for now and we are currently building/stroking a 400 to drop in down the road... the car currently has the stock rearend and I know we will need to find a better choice than whats in her now... I found an 8 3/4 in a 1/2 ton Pickup in the only junk yard within 135 miles of where i live. (rural Montana).. How hard will the rear from the PU be to install? and are there kits to make it a suregrip? I really enjoy tis site and have a ton of useful information here and really appreciate all the knowledge.

you'll have to have it narrowed and the spring perches moved. yes you and buy a sure grip for the open center.

If your going to put all that money and effort into installing an 8 3/4 from a p/u why not just grab a dana 60 from a p/u? It will offer you an upgrade on the 8 3/4 and will take more punishment. A big block stroker will test the limits of an 8 3/4,so if you chose to go that way,please upgrade it with top notch parts. A back brace isnt a bad idea either.

-
Back