8 3/4 identification help

-
3.91 stamped right on the ring gear.

Bearings are in good shape...Bearing adjusters seemed loose, but Idk what the end play is.
Definitely an open Center. Axles came right out with the 5 bolts on the tubes. Drums and pads honestly look like new. Idk if they need replaced due to age, but they look new. Gear oil looked new...I think someone was in this not too long ago.

Put a sure grip in it and run it. As long as your not running a 600 hp motor in front of it.

Put a sure grip in it and run it. As long as your not running a 600 hp motor in front of it.
the dart runs 10.40's on footbrake. That suregrip owes me nothing. engine makes over 600HP.

The B body is getting a twin turbo 408. but remaining on the street. So thats where the suregrip is headed.

Spools are $100. I think the switcheroo above is the cheapest/easiest utilizing what i have.

How much power does a twin turbo 408 make?
Yet to be determined.lol The suregrip lasted this long pulling the front wheels off the ground in the dart with a bias ply and 5000 stall converter.

The Twin setup on the B body will be less...violent than the dart. They come on softer.
at least thats what i'm telling myself.lol

-
Back