8 3/4 numbers?

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I was under my 73 today and I noticed my 8 3/4 center does not have any casting numbers on it..no 741, 742, or 489...???? I thought they all came with some sort of castings. Whats the deal?
Thanks
AL

The housing has no identifier. The pig will have the casting number molded in. It should also have a large "1, 2, 9 or X" on the center.

Riddler

a 73 Dart would come from the factory with a 8 1/4....if you have an 8 3/4 ..then someone added it..and you need to check the 3rd member or pig....for the casting number to determine which one it is.

Can you take a picture of the driver side towards the front of the snout? I want to ask is there a bunch of greese on it.

Curtis

If yours has bolts on the rear cover and doesn't drop our the front like this you have something else besides an 8 3/4.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!lwE+FF2YD8GBQBImy)J+g~~60_1.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 167
Thanks Guys, I know it is a 8 3/4 and where the casting numbers should be is smooth as a babys butt. It is on my 73 Charger 340.
Every Mopar I have had as had casting numbers on it.
This is a first.
AL

I have a 489 case/3:23 with no casting numbers also. You can tell if it is a 489 as the pinion snout will be slightly tapered, if it is a 41 or 42 case they are both straight. Bet it's a 489 case though!! Geof

-
Back