8-3/4 price check.

-

swingingdart

Reaction score
I know a guy who has an 8-3/4 for sale, it's from a B body, and has so center section, but does have axles. $50, is it worth it after I have to try to get it to fit in my car?

Well, axles need to be cut or run way wide, and open centers are around 50 bucks on Craigs...Sounds good to me. But an 8.25 is plenty strong too and fits out of the yard.

Now that would depend on what year B-body the rear came from. The 67-69 unit is the preferred size as it is only a couple inches wider than an A-body unit and can be installed without cutting it down. You will need slightly deeper offset rims to get the tires back in the wheelhousings proper, but aside from that would be a bolt in. If it is a 71 or later, I would pass, as the axles are not long enough to cut down and respline, although the 71 and later is a harder to find unit and is a good resell to someone doing a post-71 car. Good luck with your project, Geof

A C body rear would be a better choice if you are thinking of narrowing it. The axles are generally long enough they can be re-splined. If your using the early B body rear measure carefully and make sure you can get wheels with the backspacing you want. Wont be an issue at all in a Demon but in a Dart there isn't much room to play with.

Now that would depend on what year B-body the rear came from. The 67-69 unit is the preferred size as it is only a couple inches wider than an A-body unit and can be installed without cutting it down. You will need slightly deeper offset rims to get the tires back in the wheelhousings proper, but aside from that would be a bolt in. If it is a 71 or later, I would pass, as the axles are not long enough to cut down and respline, although the 71 and later is a harder to find unit and is a good resell to someone doing a post-71 car. Good luck with your project, Geof

I have a couple of the early b ones. The 66 is narrow too. Its 1.5 inches wider each side than an a body rear. Stock wheels may fit depending on tire size.

I have a couple of the early b ones. The 66 is narrow too. Its 1.5 inches wider each side than an a body rear. Stock wheels may fit depending on tire size.

Oops...sorry DD, forgot to mention the 66 and maybe the 65 housing too. I think the last year for the keywayed drum is 64 so the 65 may be a go also. Thanks for chiming in with that, it will open his options up even more!! Geof

As long as it's not a pitted up mess,

For $50... BUY IT!

hell yea! buy that ****!! i bought my 68 B body rear (just the housing, the axles & backing plates) for $150....fits great in my 68 cuda with 17x8 mustang rims....(5.72" backspace)

also, moved spring perches 1/2" inward each side. :)

okay, yeah, I believe this baby is from 68-69, cause it was only 2 inches or so wider then mine. I'll see about picking it up the next time I go up there. thanks guys!

to me 50 bucks is a steal for any 8 3/4 around my parts they are 150+ for some really junky ones and dont even get me started on the price of the price of an A body 8 3/4.

-
Back