8 3/4 rear

-

highflyer

Reaction score
will a person well versed on these explain to me what would not let a axel turn why can i hold the axels from turning whil i turn the yoke....also what makes a housing unusable..other than the obvious like being bent...any help please..jim

Broken spider gears will let you turn the pinion without axles turning.Housings are almost indestructable if not bent. Do you mean housing or carrier.

If you are actually holding both axles and turning the end yoke you have either broken spiders, broken LS or a broken ring, or pinion....

Could be many things

not the third member but the housing the member bolts into...where at the spider gears will they brake..they look like they are fine from what i can see...they turn nice and smooth although when i turned the yoke i heard and felt a little slight bump bump bump in the axle .ring and pinion both turn and dont seem to be loose.can i pop the spiders out of there and take a look as long as i mark where the adjusters are set..jim

On the internet without IMMENSE detail nothing is going to even come close to pointing at the problem.

There is no marking the adjusters, where are you located what state , it doesn't say in your profile ?

im near san francisco ,cal.the set up looks so simple for a non s/grip what could be wrong..how about if i take some pics,,,.tx j

im having puter problems posting pics right now..i will try again tonite to post pics,,,bear with me and thanks a bunch,,,j

im having puter problems posting pics right now..i will try again tonite to post pics,,,bear with me and thanks a bunch,,,j

Try resizing the pictures first then post them up. 9 times out of 10 this will allow you to post them up.

good idea on the photo bucket ..ill try to put all my pics there..right now they are scattered all over the puter..j

Probably a broken axle shaft but it should be obvious if you pull the 3rd member.

-
Back