-
Status
Not open for further replies.

braptor52

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a pair of shock plates for an 8 3/4. let me know what you have or if you got any solutions for what vehicle i could steal them from at a wrecking yard. thanks

They are the same on virtually every 8 1/4 and 8 3/4 car (A/B/C Body) from the early 60's to 72 when some bodies went to isolated suspension with a large rubber bushing in the center of the plate.
I think they even used the same plates on 9 1/4 and the Dana 60. Only the small 7 1/4 rear was different.

In 1970 the new E bodies used a special lower stance spring plate for one year only, then THEY also went to the standard spring plate through 74.

Hope this helps.

I also have a set on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/23095637281...LX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_2781wt_892

Thank you!
I got some out of a 50's Chrysler at the junkyard with an 8 3/4 in it so I'm hoping they'll fit right.

thanks guys ima give these 50's chrysler 8 3/4 ones a shot an see how they fit, will report back with update.

well they fit!

except one issue... im using them for my 9" swap. and my backing plates are hitting the shock plate where the dimples for the parking brake cable go in. so im gunna shave a lil off the shock plates an see if that works

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back