8 3/4 swap help please!

-

Kevin D.

Reaction score
I am getting ready to have a 70 b body 8 3/4 narrowed for my 69 dart have a 742 case cone type sure grip. purchased 11x2 1/2 brakes have offset spring kit in already. getting ready to buy axles .Need any and all input,Please. Also what is the problem with the brakes something is supposed to be larger or thicker between the both that causes problems. pleeeeease Kevin.

Kevin, how about using the b-body setup as is, relocate your perches and use wheels with the correct offset for that rearend.

The way I did it was to install the rear and wheels then trim the rear to fit.

I used the exact same year rear from the same body style and even after mini tubbing I had to trim the axels to fit.

The amount of slop on the factory assembly lines caused these problems when installing to specs on a frame rail jig.

br.jpg

br1.jpg

br2.jpg

br3.jpg

You can use a 62 b-body rear in a a-body or 65 plymouth or dodge rear in there I have a 73 dart soprt with a 65 plymouth 8 3/4 moved the perches & have a 10inch rim on the car with a 29.5 10.5 15 Also have done the same with a dart with same rear P.S the tires are not hanging out the quaters

-
Back