8 3/4 value.

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a 8 3/4 rear form a guy. He's not sure of the value nor am I. It has the small pinion, big bolt pattern, not sure what gears or if its posi. It is an a body rear. It needs to be gone through. Thanks guys.

If it's big bolt pattern, they are either aftermarket (best), cut down axles(better) or drilled original axles(worthless). Small pinion, non-SG third member is worthless. True A body housing is worth $300 maybe, if it's not all hacked up or a cut down truck housing.

I sold a complete A body rearend with a 3.23 SG and small bolt pattern axles for $500 three years ago. They are still out there and not as valuable as some would lead you to believe.

I paid $450 for the bare case with SBP axles,adjuster and backing plates last fall. Then $200 for a Sure Grip unit. A gear set with decent gears (3.55) in a third member and a Sure Grip can go $450 and up too. So, if combined, you could pay a fair price of $900 and up.

You know if it has a Sure Grip if it tries to spin both axles in the same direction at the same time instead of opposite directions (unless the Sure Grip has been fried).

i sold a complete 8 3/4 A body rear axle with 3.23:1 non sg for $500 about 3 years ago.
now i may need one and i bet i'll have to pay a lot more.
3.23 open gears are probably worth $100.

i sold a complete 8 3/4 A body rear axle with 3.23:1 non sg for $500 about 3 years ago.
now i may need one and i bet i'll have to pay a lot more.
3.23 open gears are probably worth $100.

check mine out-------------------------bob

Last fall I bought an A-body 8.75 housing, axle shafts and backing plates for $350. Housing is very clean, no rust, axle bearings feel smooth. Found it right here on FABO. I already had two center sections, going to put it in my car sometime soon.

Gary

I have never have seen a A body 8 3/4 for sale here in detroit for less then $800.00 I have bought and sold B/E 8 3/4s over the years for 250$-$300 non suregrips of course

-
Back