8.75 A body axle housing

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or I'm looking for a c body unit too, I have no problem with shortening one up.

Oh, and if your price is north of $300 don't bother wasting your time trying to make a sale.

I have a B body housing with axles and backing plates

What do you have in mind for a price? I just need the housing if it is a b-body unit as the axles are too short (necked at the splines) to be cut down to a-body size.

I Would Have To Sell The Housing With The Axles And Backing Plates. 175.00+ Shipping

What do you have in mind for a price? I just need the housing if it is a b-body unit as the axles are too short (necked at the splines) to be cut down to a-body size.

Hi Gary

The C bodies are necked down but I don't believe the B bodies are.

I used a housing from a C body but had to get new axels.

Here's a link with drawings of the axels

http://www.cowtownmopars.com/ChryslerRearEnd.html

Hi Gary

The C bodies are necked down but I don't believe the B bodies are.

Years ago I went with big bolt pattern on the Dart, we could not use the B units because of the neck down issue but C body was ok because they were longer.

Wish I never sold that rear, but heck that was like 25 years past.

Anyone ever run an early B-body housing in an A-body? About an inch wider on the specs.

I,ve heard about guys using a B-body rear in Duster/Demon/Dart Sport because of the bigger wheel wells.I,m not sure about with a Dart(smaller wheel wells).

I,ve heard about guys using a B-body rear in Duster/Demon/Dart Sport because of the bigger wheel wells.I,m not sure about with a Dart(smaller wheel wells).

The 1962 housing is only an inch wider than the stock a-body housing, I was wondering if there were any issues running later axles and backing plates.

Sorry,I don,t know much about the 1962 housing,but if it,s only 1 inch wider?I don,t think you would have a problem.What type of car are you working on?

I've got a set of truck axles, 28" to where they neck down, if you want them. $50 plus shipping (it's what I have in them). No housing though.

Just a thought.

'65 vintage b-body rear ends work good in Dusters, in my opinion. Even better if you want to run some later wheels. '97 vintage 17" Mustang wheels fit without spacers with that rear.

All set on a housing, picked up one local for $100

Just need BBP axles now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back