8.75 Axle tube. HELP!!!!

-

Mike A&f body

Reaction score
I have an 8.75 that came out of a 69 super bee, I put it in my volare with no mods fit and drove good. I now have a 76 feather duster that I wanna put the 8.75 in it but got a lot saying it won't work because the a body came with a 7.25 or 8.25 don't remember, anyways my question is what car or truck with an 8.75 if any would fit in my duster. Thanks I'm advance. I forgot did I say HELP!!!!!

If it’s a 7-1/4, it may have 2 inch axle tubes instead of the later 2-1/2 inch tubes. They went to a 2-1/2 inch tube swayed down to the 2 inch carrier in the FJM years, I think ‘76 was still small tube but I would check as to what the crossover year was But long story short, may have to switch shock plates and u bolts for what’s on the Volare to make it work. Also, the spring pad mounts may need to be moved inboard.

Drive shaft length is shorter also

I have an 8.75 that came out of a 69 super bee, I put it in my volare with no mods fit and drove good. I now have a 76 feather duster that I wanna put the 8.75 in it but got a lot saying it won't work because the a body came with a 7.25 or 8.25 don't remember
8 3/4 out of a super bee will not fit directly into an A body.

The overall width is a bit wider and the perch mount is 1 inch wider.

You can get wheels with a back spacing that can overcome the overall width.

And you can get 1/2" offset forward spring perches and 1/2" offset shackles.

Or you can have the spring perches relocated in 1/2 inch each.

Your drive shaft may need to be changed.

I have a 68-70 B body 8 3/4 bolted into my 70 Duster with no mods to the springs or rearend, just to make it a roller. I put that part in bold for the nit pickers...lol. They are that close to being a perfect fit for a Duster, Demon, Dart Sport. Spring perches are cheap, so it doesn't cost a lot to buy a pair and move them in a half inch on each side. I know multiple people who just put a B body rear in a Duster by warping the springs out and bolting them down, but I'd never do it unless I was in a bind. You'll need the u bolts and shock plates to make the swap, plus shortening the driveshaft....then bolt it in and go! Rearend length list below.

-
Back