8.75 Vs. 9" // Moser Vs. Strange

-
Heavy car and 8.75 don't go together. My friend broke two gear sets in a 3,800 lb 64 sport fury street car. Leaving the line at about 2,000 flashing the converter too about 3,000 in a 12.20 car one set when it broke cause the transmission to brake also.

Heavy car and 8.75 don't go together. My friend broke two gear sets in a 3,800 lb 64 sport fury street car. Leaving the line at about 2,000 flashing the converter too about 3,000 in a 12.20 car one set when it broke cause the transmission to brake also.

This will be behind a lightend 69 dart

IF you are racing only build the 8.75 with the AL housing and you will be FINE even leaving at 6000 rpm in a full weight B body in the 9 area.

Use the steel centers, and, well i warned you.

IF you are racing only build the 8.75 with the AL housing and you will be FINE even leaving at 6000 rpm in a full weight B body in the 9 area.

Use the steel centers, and, well i warned you.

I am not only racing though. This car see's a lot of street use going to shows etc. It will see track use as well. I would consider it primarily a street car that will see occasional visits to the track.

No one seems to have the aluminum centers in stock.

If you don't mind, let us know how much you end up spending on whatever you choose out of those two rears. I'm curious what it's gonna take to make a 8 3/4 live behind 650hp and a 200 shot at 3200lbs.

If you don't mind, let us know how much you end up spending on whatever you choose out of those two rears. I'm curious what it's gonna take to make a 8 3/4 live behind 650hp and a 200 shot at 3200lbs.

A FAT WALLET will make it live again and again by doing CPR to it.

650 & 200 hit out of the hole. If it hooks I bet it breaks it every time.

Bought a S60 with 35 spline axles, custom width, Custom perches, S-trac, 4:11 gears, Billet yoke, cast aluminum cover, powdercoated.

So...what was the point in asking for opinions and excluding d-60's and then choosing one of same style in the end? I dont get it bigdan.....

So...what was the point in asking for opinions and excluding d-60's and then choosing one of same style in the end? I dont get it bigdan.....

Because everyone likes to jump in and just say Dana60. I wanted an 8.75 and was willing to open the door to the 9". The 8.75 was well over 5,000$$ and I couldn't even get the aluminum case. Out of stock everywhere..

So I got something I didn't want for a cheap price but it will handle the power.

some times what you want and what you need aren't the same thing. you wont regret going dana 60. if i had to go back i would have done it that way

Good final chose.
Now forget about that part and worry
about all the other **** that's gonna break.:burnout:
If you can get it to hook.........

There really is only one chose if your thinking it terms
of possible mega power or the future.

That's exactly why I chose this. The car has been together for about 12 years and it hooks hard. The 440 makes 500hp but i'm looking at adding another 150hp.

-
Back