-
Figure out a remedy and proceed or take it in the rear as it is now. Your choice.

It's a F'd up part now by his own doing ASSUMING things.

I agree with you. If nothing else maybe I can make him donate a quick performance fabricated 9 inch for his mistake. Hate the 9 inch but parts are WAY cheaper!

Unless you can live with a rear at 51.25 housing width and have wheels with a bit deeper dish, that's an option.

Cut the long tube to equi-length and move the perches roughly 5/8" to pass side to center it again.

What a mess. If he doesn't fix, I'd put his stupid *** on blast. Then follow it up with a healthy small claims court lawsuit.

We had layout sheets, LONG before the internet, when doing stuff like this in the shop. One of the questions... Is the pinion centered YES ___ NO ____
If the customer didn't know, you had to get the answer. That's the difference between people that do stuff right and just do stuff.

GM guys ******* up Mopar parts since 1965 LOL

Last edited:
I'm more than fine with a deep dish rim, I can also move leaf springs inboard if need be as long as brace doesnt prevent that, theres options. Just getting him to do it is the problem now

Perches aren't welded on yet. I wanted to set pinion angle. but this is the short side. Not much room left to move over

20230204_211146.jpg

Josh, Josh mellow say it mellow.
With a welder and a Sawzall you can make that housing into anything you want.

Emailed Cass at Dr Diff and asked about these axles. Axle Pkg Stock Length Mopar 5X4 1/2" Bolt Pattern (pair) $298.00 Doctor Diff high-strength, 30 or 35 spline axle package. Question, are theses axles sufficient for 500+ HP?
His responce was, "I don't recommend ANY 30 spline axle for 500 hp if you drive the car hard, especially with a manual transmission. That is why NO manufacturer will warranty a 30 spline axle against twisting/breakage (Mark Williams, Strange, Moser, Currie etc...). 35 spline axles with a spool are fine, though."
Does any one have any experience with this product? I have read, even on thos forum that a stock 8.75 rear end could handle 500HP. and these are high strength axles. What are your opinons.

Emailed Cass at Dr Diff and asked about these axles. Axle Pkg Stock Length Mopar 5X4 1/2" Bolt Pattern (pair) $298.00 Doctor Diff high-strength, 30 or 35 spline axle package. Question, are theses axles sufficient for 500+ HP?
His responce was, "I don't recommend ANY 30 spline axle for 500 hp if you drive the car hard, especially with a manual transmission. That is why NO manufacturer will warranty a 30 spline axle against twisting/breakage (Mark Williams, Strange, Moser, Currie etc...). 35 spline axles with a spool are fine, though."
Does any one have any experience with this product? I have read, even on thos forum that a stock 8.75 rear end could handle 500HP. and these are high strength axles. What are your opinons.

Not sure why anyone would spend a cent on 30 spline axles.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

Stepping over donuts to pick up dog turds.

Value and price are not related.

I can probably think of more. If I do I will add them in later.

-
Back