-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad360duster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
8.8 rear out of explorer. Was in a duster with springs moved in. 31 spline stock axles with thicker tubes. tubes have been welded to housing. perches fully boxed/welded. Had ford motorsport posi installed with carbon clutches and aluminum cap support cover. 4.10 gears. Disc brakes in good shape $850 obo located lower NY

rear 1.jpg

rear 2.jpg

rear 3.jpg

Common mod is to cut a few inches off the left (longer) side, weld back up and insert a spare passenger axle. Narrows the rear a few inches and centers the pumpkin. I'm wanting to put one in my 55 chevy as I'm sick of the b.s. with stock rear.

Common mod is to cut a few inches off the left (longer) side, weld back up and insert a spare passenger axle. Narrows the rear a few inches and centers the pumpkin. I'm wanting to put one in my 55 chevy as I'm sick of the b.s. with stock rear.
Ah yes I’ve heard of that, but this rear worked well for stock abody wheel offsets so I left it.

8.8 rear out of explorer. Was in a duster with springs moved in. 31 spline stock axles with thicker tubes. tubes have been welded to housing. perches fully boxed/welded. Had ford motorsport posi installed with carbon clutches and aluminum cap support cover. 4.10 gears. Disc brakes in good shape $850 obo located lower NY

View attachment 1715746630

View attachment 1715746631

View attachment 1715746632
Was it narrowed by using a passenger's side axle on the driver's side or is it a stock width Explorer rear. I really cannot tell from the pictures. Thanks

Was it narrowed by using a passenger's side axle on the driver's side or is it a stock width Explorer rear. I really cannot tell from the pictures. Thanks
it is stock width explorer, which is very close to stock width a body if I'm correct. Let me know if you have any other questions. thanks

bump, this will make a great street strip rear for someone. got new rear so dont have room to keep this hanging around. make a reasonable offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back