8.8 swap

-
That picture was taken right after she came down from the jackstands, so the front suspension hadn't settled.

This picture looks like positive camber too.

1713082764622.png

If you're okay with it, that is fine but it is terrible for handling and stability.

Just thought I should point something out...

I discovered over the weekend that 15 Rallyes with 4.25 back spacing will not clear the caliper. I'm not even sure that a 4" BS Rallye would clear. I put a few washers on the studs just to see, probably 1/4" worth, and it was still hitting.

Open to ideas...

Quick specs for those considering the swap. With the aluminum diff cover and cut down 8.8 the fluid capacity is right at 2.5 quarts. If you are going 7290 driveshaft to 1330 rear, Spicer 5-7437X is the U-joint your looking for. The Driver side Explorer Parking Brake cable is almost the perfect length for the passenger side of an A-body. Oh, and with your springs offset 5.29 backspace is about perfect for me.

Quick specs for those considering the swap. With the aluminum diff cover and cut down 8.8 the fluid capacity is right at 2.5 quarts. If you are going 7290 driveshaft to 1330 rear, Spicer 5-7437X is the U-joint your looking for. The Driver side Explorer Parking Brake cable is almost the perfect length for the passenger side of an A-body. Oh, and with your springs offset 5.29 backspace is about perfect for me.
Good info.. I actually made the stock A body cables work, pretty easily. In hindsight, I probably could've left the springs uncut but they work fine.

Things Change.. Butters is now getting a 392

-
Back