-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I'm feeling nostalgic about my Ramcharger and am looking for a working 8 track player, under dash style. I prefer a 4 speaker set up, but can deal with a 2 speaker. It doesn't have to be anything special, but it does have to work. I'm obviously not looking to spend a fortune on tunes for this truck, so I'm limiting myself to $50 including shipping. Anyone have an old player laying around they want to dust off and ship to North Branch, MN.? I have a good spot for it right ......

Here.

View attachment Ramcharger 4.jpg

View attachment Ramcharger interior.jpg

I don't have an under dash one, but I have an NOS in the box RCA am/fm/ 8 track that was dealer install for mid 70s Fords. I WAS going to put it in my truck, but I have since changed my mind. It is an in dash two knobs style.

I've got an old equalizer probably late 70's early 80's. That truck should have a old school cassette player with equalizer to new for 8 track IMHO..

There's quite a few on ebay from $20 on up!! I also would like to have one...you must be as old as me??? I "Gotta, Gotta, Got no Time"!!

Treblig

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...S1&_nkw=auto+8+track+tape+player&_sacat=14998

Most of the cheap eBay ones are untested. I've been looking for a while. I made an offer on one that was in 'great working condition'. It turns out it is missing the wiring with the unique plug. Can't use it, and how do you know it works? There is a brand new in the box Sears for $85 but he wants $20 to ship it. I am not paying that much for crappy sound. It's more of a nostalgic thing, because I really like my music and usually go top end all the way.

I've got an old equalizer probably late 70's early 80's. That truck should have a old school cassette player with equalizer to new for 8 track IMHO..

My other choice is to leave the factory AM radio in the dash, install high end speakers and amps that accept an iPod input. No head unit at all, just the iPod, and everything is hidden and looks factory .... yet I rock out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back