'80s Street pics

-

K.O. SWINGER

Meeting in the alley since 1976
Reaction score
So after the recent 340s stories thread it really made me start to remember what I was doing in those days. I thought it would be cool if you all would post any old pics of your cars or your Hangouts in the '80s. Here is a pic of my 345 stage 4 right before I installed it into my swinger, backed with a set of 430 gears and hit the streets. I guess I really liked aluminum high temp paint LOL

Screenshot_20210711-172401.png

No pics of where we hung out as I wasn't carrying a camera everywhere I went in those days. I've got pics of shows starting in 1981, though. That would fill a thread and then some...

Yes that's what makes these pictures kind of special we rarely had cameras and we had to take them to the store and get them developed and hope that they even turned out. And then we got to make sure we didn't lose them in the last 30 or 40 years

Damn Rusty you were damn near as skinny as I was lol

I really didn't have any size on me until the beginning of my senior year. I worked out all the previous summer. I need to start doing it again not that I've lost a lot of weight.

I remember going to bed sporting my Converse All Stars.

The regular canvas Keds were my favorite. But they made me look like I had Ronald McDonald feet since I wear a 13.5EEE. LOL

The regular canvas Keds were my favorite. But they made me look like I had Ronald McDonald feet since I wear a 13.5EEE. LOL
:lol:An old boy I worked with told me, as a kid, his parents wouldn't let him run run with his shoes on. He Had to take them off to run. Man our feet were like iron back then.
Good to see the neighbor kids the same way.

My 70 Challenger in the late 80’s. Still looking for it, sold it in central Virginia.

D9588D19-0D15-4262-ACE3-63AED10493C5.jpeg

I need to look for what's left of my old pictures. They're around here somewhere. I have a scanner now and could post them. They're all that's left of a whole shoebox slam FULL of car pictures from the past. My ex burned all the rest.

I need to look for what's left of my old pictures. They're around here somewhere. I have a scanner now and could post them. They're all that's left of a whole shoebox slam FULL of car pictures from the past. My ex burned all the rest.
damn. As if taking half of your stuff isn't bad enough.... why not ruin your memories. damn.

I'll stick to single and have many cars

damn. As if taking half of your stuff isn't bad enough.... why not ruin your memories. damn.

I'll stick to single and have many cars

She poured bleach in my fish tank too and killed all four of my piranha. She was really hateful.

hateful seems like a slight understatement.

Yeah. I treated her like royalty when we were married...only to find out later she was screwin around. That was a long time ago though. I've had a goodun for goin on 27 years.

Yeah. I treated her like royalty when we were married...only to find out later she was screwin around. That was a long time ago though. I've had a goodun for goin on 27 years.
good thing you found one that won't do all that.
hope it stays well for at least 27 more years
:thumbsup:

My 1970 Duster purpose built from junkyard parts to do daily battle on the streets of Philly back when I was running my Auto Upholstery business around 1983-85. She was a beast built to take the abuse of cobblestone back streets and bad neighborhoods as I travelled all over the city doing jobber work for bodyshops. Ugly and beat looking by intent...but all business in the suspension and drive train.

1F5A4C39-7BF7-43CF-9763-B9EDA041EDCC.jpeg

I later swapped to my ‘69 Dart GT that was a bit more respectible looking as I gained higher end customers, but built equally as tough. I now own her near twin ‘69 GTS that is a whole lot more refined...but just as much of a beast where it counts. The old GT from back in 1986 is on the top of the pic.

AD7813A0-A62F-4ACD-AA3E-41992DD977FC.jpeg

My two Swingers on the day I got married in 1981, you can kind of see the second one behind the yellow one, yellow one is a 4-speed the other an automatic. Funny thing, I still have the Swingers but, not the wife.

image000000 (98).jpg

image000000 (100).jpg

-
Back