83-86 Slant six OIL Pump! Discontinued???

-

IndianaDodge

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find an Oil pump for an 83 to 86 slant six? Dealership, NAPA, AUTOZONE, ADVANCE, Etc. has it Discontinued...

Engine is from a truck!

I'm thinking the same, check rockauto, Also what i do alot is go online say autozone check the part #'s on a 83 then check a 73 see if there the same #'s

I'm thinking the same, check rockauto, Also what i do alot is go online say autozone check the part #'s on a 83 then check a 73 see if there the same #'s

the only thing that i know is different between ur 83 and any other slant (pre-75) is that it is cast crank and hyd lifters. now as far as i know there wasn't anything special about the flow requirements for the hyd motors vs the solid ones.

this it minus the oil; filter relocator??

Attachments

• slant six 019.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 827
  • slant six 020.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 452
I have some New pumps for sale. $45.00 shipped, USPS priority mail insured, in the States. Can do paypal
PS: Also have some NOS steel shim head gaskets available.

and your not in the usa so you dont count either... really... kinda sucks huh?

Um…what? Put the glue down, son, and get your map out. You'll find Seattle is still located in the USA. Moreover, even if I were in Toronto at the moment, Canada got the slant-6 engine over the same year range as the US did: 1960 to 1987.

Y'typed the wrong numbers. It's OK, you're human just like the rest of us. The grownup thing is to say "whoops! Thanks" and let it drop.

Um…what? Put the glue down, son, and get your map out. You'll find Seattle is still located in the USA. Moreover, even if I were in Toronto at the moment, Canada got the slant-6 engine over the same year range as the US did: 1960 to 1987.

Y'typed the wrong numbers. It's OK, you're human just like the rest of us. The grownup thing is to say "whoops! Thanks" and let it drop.

well i just saw ur location as toronto :happy10: but ok 87 it is. now was he helped in finding the correct oil pump?

Watch out... slantsixdan's beard is known to eat people who question his authority!:toothy10:

Why not just get the kit and rebuild it? Whatever the "M" number is in Melling, just replace it with a "K" for kit. I have yet to see a scored oil pump housing. The rotors always score. The kits come with new rotors, O rings, gaskets and stock and high pressure springs. I got mine for my 451 for 25 bucks from O Reilly's.

Check RockAuto and O'reilly's. I've sent people to O'reillys from my Advance store because they'll have something I don't. A lot of times it depends on suppliers, as to who has "discontinued" something.

OK so are you visiting Seattle? or what, because your info shows Toronto.

If you moved, maybe you can update your User Proflie info, ;)
to keep us "Mere mortals" informed with Current information.:read2:

I am 2 miles east of Albany, NY
for the Amateur Radio Enthusiasts.... FN32 73 de K2HAT

slantsixdan
=..=

-
Back