833 linkage mounts

-

thomasjkt

Reaction score
Can anyone show me a picture of what the linkage mounts look like mounted on the side of the 833 OD tranny? Really interested in the reverse mount.

?? There is only one mount for the shifter.....it attaches to a plate that is bolted to the extension housing.

I'm looking for the little arms that the linkage uses to hook to the transmission, I need to know what the one for the reverse rod looks like.

I don't have a picture handy but it's bent in such a fashion to go under the crossmember. That's the ony one I have for the OD so I'm looking for the other two.

This is not an overdrive but the reverse is exactly the same for both 4 speed and OD. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• CIMG2493.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 227
See how the reverse linkage in the above picture hooks to the flat piece of steel then is bolted on to the tranny? I need to know what that flat piece looks like, is the slot in it straight or is it offset? For some reason my reverse position is in the wrong spot and the only thing I can figure is the flat piece that bolts to the tranny is not correct:banghead:

See how the reverse linkage in the above picture hooks to the flat piece of steel then is bolted on to the tranny? I need to know what that flat piece looks like, is the slot in it straight or is it offset? For some reason my reverse position is in the wrong spot and the only thing I can figure is the flat piece that bolts to the tranny is not correct:banghead:

I'll have to check that for you. Fortunately that part is not connected to the trans at this time so it will be easy for me to take and post another picture for you. It will just have to wait until I get home from work tonight.

If there are any other picts that you need, let me know. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 209
684mulas thanks for the picks they were a tremendous help.

Glad to help. Years ago this would not have been possible. This internet thing is good for something. I bet it will catch on.

Fired the Demon Saturday and finally got to run it throught the gears for the 1st time, worked well up on blocks. Thanks again!

-
Back