833 to TKO Conversion

-

Michaeluser

Reaction score
Hello,

I have researched on FABO and other sites to try and find which transmission to by for the conversion. Prices for used Tremec TKO are all over the place that I have found. I am not sure if I buy a Ford or GM or even a Late Model Challenger 6 speed.

I also called American Powertrain to get a cost for a complete swap kit and even with my "industry" deal it was still $5k. Ouch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for the correct transmission. I can make the trans mount.

Thanks

There is no correct transmission, they will all require some sort of modification to the car and trans to fit along with getting the correct drive shaft, bellhousing, clutch, etc. You'll need to spec one that has the correct gear ratios and power level you intend to use it at/for, at least in the Tremec's. Passion Performance is supposed to have a direct fit 5 speed.

Wait patiently for the only real solution - Jamie Passon. None of these kits actually fit correctly without floor mods to bring driveline angles back to stock.

Passon also sells a closer ratio O/D gear set for the A833. Much better suited to performance driving than the factory O/D ratios and stronger.

Yeah thanks. I was wondering about the trans from Passon, but jeez get the thing released already.

Thanks I am still looking around. What is the street price of 833 with bellhousing? SB of course.

I bought a 833 that was street slick shifted-with bellhousing, flywheel, z-bar , ball studs , shifter linkage almost everthing from Jamie Passon
he also rebuilt my shifter and pedals and it was just around $3000 and I had no core

I have 2 words for Jamie Passon and his guys "TOP NOTCH"
He stands behind his stuff and will help you out no problem!

There is a 833, with petals etc in the for sale section here.

-
Back