.870 Torsion Bars - which is Left & Right?

-

socal_65dartgt

Reaction score
I have .870 torsion bars and I'm trying to figure out which is the left (driver) and which is the right (passenger).

IMG_7287_870_torsion_bar_1.JPG

IMG_7283_870_torsion_bar_2.JPG

892 would be the right side bar. The other bar should have 891 on it, probably on the front.

Chuck

I'm probably wrong again but aint the L and R sposed to be seen at the rear ?
892 is in there backward ?

892 would be the right side bar. The other bar should have 891 on it, probably on the front.

Well, it looks like they were installed wrong. The 892 bar is on the left and the one marked "L" is on the right. Since there were so many other details addressed the last week of the build, I never checked if they were installed correctly.

I have had it on the road for a week now and have had to adjust the height several times. My mopar buddies said that is normal since the bars have been out of a car about a year. They said it may settle out a bit as you drive it, thus the adjustments.

On my last adjustment, I realized that I was getting near the end of adjustment travel and it got me thinking thinking they were installed backwards.

Did I damage them by twisting them backwards? How hard will it to get them out now? And if I can get them out, will the new twist make it difficult to re-install them on the correct side?

I'm worried about creating undue stress causing them to fail while I'm driving.

Should I get another set ready to go in in case I can't hammer them out and need to cut them out?

Help!

Without consulting a maual I cant say exactly how they are inserted. If my memory serves correct the stop bumper under the upper arm wont let the lower arm drop far enough. to get the hex to the proper position.
My memory sux .

-
Back