88 Chrysler 5th Avenue, worth looking at?

-

Sussmad

Reaction score
very well maintained with 60K 2 owners asking $1800. I don't know anything about these. Looking for dependable car under $2 that would make a decent daily driver that I can hopefully get many years out of. I know these were considered dinosaurs even in 88. comments/opinions. Thanks

Me and my wife drove one for years, the kids when they were little called it the big comfy couch.
Very dependable car, the only thing I rember having to do to it was put a timing chain in at about 120K miles.
Ours was black, with red velour interior and power everything.

The slants were a bit of a stone, but not bad.If it's a teen and not rusty then the price sounds right.See if the lean burn has been changed to regular electronic ignition.That was the only problem I ever had. Didn't want to start hot, had to let it sit till cool before it would fire.They are easy to work on.I still drive one.

My 5th ave was an awesome car but can't keep everything

probably has a 7.25, most did but could be an 8.25 rear. i love these cars learned to drive in one and still drive one occasionaly when my dad lets me. 15 city mpg's 25 highway. my family has always had several, my dad and my uncle own 6 combined. great cars for sure.

My 5th ave was an awesome car but can't keep everything

Same goes for the 87 Gran Fury I called my big red ride. 318, all the bells and whistles available. Not so bad on gas considering its comfort and quality ride down the highway. Lean burn ignition is fine when it works fine.

It's just like working on any other v8 RWD Mopar (except for the transverse T bars).

Plus if it's a 318, it has a roller cam and a lockup converter.

Mine has a 8 1/4.

-
Back