88 shelbyz 300+ horsepower/trade for 73 an older dart (slant 6 auto preferably)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

540demon

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
ok guys,this was going to be my son's first car...i had my fun with it and had planned on passing it on. he's decided he'd rather have an ol dart like dear old dad (i guess). i have a stock parts car,and had planned on putting this back to stock for him...i will include that car also.
in its current form,its a wonderful lil sleeper. mustangs never know what just hit em! im estimating 300+ horsepower,but have never dyno'd it. with all the mods...and the seat of the pants feel its WELL over the 300 mark. you get 3000rpm's in this thing and it literally pulls like a bigblock from there! wife wont even begin to get back in it. scared her much worse than my 340 dart ever did. way too much car for a kid anyway imo. ive let it boost to 25psi a couple times,and the computer/fuel system is good to 29psi. high test gas is a must in this car! too many extras to list!
the parts car is a 87 shelbyz intercooled car also. there is another radiator/intercooler and 5 speed trans in the trunk. the title somehow got screwed up on that car. bad fuel pump kept me from hearing it run- but the previous owner said it ran great.
we're looking for a 73 or older 2 door dart. we'd prefer a slant 6 car. we understand that we'd be talking about a project car,and we're ok with that...but we dont want a total rust bucket.
we're located in 24064 va. and would like to keep our traveling within a couple hundred miles if possible.
we have it listed on craigslist for $2750/trade not including the parts car. i figured probably $3200 for all of it would be fair considering that wouldnt buy the motor in the red car....
interested?

Attachments

• IMG_201301311776.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_2013013141870.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_2013013123955.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 647
the parts list:
fwd performance stage 5 ecu
+40 injectors (stockers go with)
3 bar map sensor
full 3 inch exhaust (no muffler)
free flow cat-converter
venolia .040 over pistons
h-beam rods
melling high volume oil pump
mopar performance head gasket
ported powdercoated intake manifold
ported head
+1mm valves
ported exhaust manifold
arp bolts everywhere
crank scraper
deep sump oil pan
high performance walbro fuel pump
custom grind cam (but i cant remember the specs on it)
2-1/2 in swing valve
rebuilt worked over turbo (cant remember all those specs either)
blow off valve (cant remember what kind-but its alot louder than i wanted)
a555 trans
snowflake wheels (correct wheels are on the parts car)
im sure theres a ton more that i cant recall....lots of time and money spent on this thing. it may have 10k miles on all of it (but i doubt its that much)

im going to be including this parts car as part of the deal,along with an a555 trans and an extra radiator and intercooler(in the trunk) .

Attachments

• IMG_201302031496.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_2013020348537.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 443
Too bad you are almost 900 miles away. :banghead: I have a nephew who would love to have those cars. I have a '73 Dart Sport project with a Super Six I could kick in on the deal.
Anyway, here's a bump for you.
Dallas

Thanks guys. It will be a good deal for someone, and I'll feel a lot better having my new driver in a slower, sturdier car!

Fired it up yesterday. Its been sitting since September. I stuck a hot battery in it, and it turned over about 1/2 a turn and was running. Snuck it down the road about 5 miles and its still running great!

No...I don't guess. I found him a 73 duster that was in WAY better condition than I was expecting to land him....but he wants to hold out for a dart or scamp.
I woulda jumped all over the duster....but I guess its not about me this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back