9:00 PM and the heat index is 103 degrees!

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
In this Hell hole they call Florida. This is when I'd like to welcome ALLLLLLLL of those damn snowbirds that invade us during the winter months to"COME ON DOWN, GET YA SOME OF THE REAL FLORIDA!"

"Feels like" 84* here in Ford Washington at 9:35 P.M.

Yeah it's been hot alright.

In this Hell hole they call Florida. This is when I'd like to welcome ALLLLLLLL of those damn snowbirds that invade us during the winter months to"COME ON DOWN, GET YA SOME OF THE REAL FLORIDA!"

Yeah... Um, no... :icon_fU:

We're sitting at a nice 73° right now... Na, na, na, na, na, na..... :p

Maybe you all need to come up here and get some of this.... :poke: :rofl:

Temp 072716 0900.jpg

Though we don't have the humidity but we feel you on heat out here in Cali, sometime I get in my truck to head home after work and sitting temp was 120 then drive around it drops to 103-106. It's a little cooler now just high 90s

It's been horrible here in Southeast Va also. Monday afternoon about 3pm it was 99 with a heat index of 115. Every day this week it's been in the upper 90's with the heat index over 105.

98° in the shade with 85% humidity yesterday. Actually felt hard to breath. I'm getting out if eastern NC very soon

111 was the high yesterday. Just looked at the weather station, 92 degrees. The guys are out working on my new building so I'm betting they quit around 11:00AM

Yeah, the snow birds here start heading north when the temps hit 79. We usually start getting SBs from the south of Phoenix (Yuma) starting in the middle to late March. It's usually 10-15 degrees hotter down there. Of course living in an RV in 115 temps during the summer would be enough motivation for me to head north

I was raised in S W Ga. so I know the heat and humidity of the SE US. I left there in '79 and been in Missouri since. last weekend the temp as 99 and heat index 105-110. last sat., neighbor round baling my hay, baler plugged up and took us 3 hours to get it going. over Sat and Sun I drank 8 big bottles of gator aid, and I work outside 3 days a week so I am used to sun. I sweated so bad my eyes hurt so bad at night from the salt.
but, an RV caught fire on I70 and a lifelong fireman in is 50's, died right there from heat exhaustion. this heat can be deadly! stay cool!

It's already 91 here, it will hit 98 today...I grew up in central Florida, reading books about the settlers like The Yearling and A Land Remembered, you wonder how they survived the heat and mosquitoes while they FARMED their land!

I was raised in S W Ga. so I know the heat and humidity of the SE US. I left there in '79 and been in Missouri since. last weekend the temp as 99 and heat index 105-110. last sat., neighbor round baling my hay, baler plugged up and took us 3 hours to get it going. over Sat and Sun I drank 8 big bottles of gator aid, and I work outside 3 days a week so I am used to sun. I sweated so bad my eyes hurt so bad at night from the salt.
but, an RV caught fire on I70 and a lifelong fireman in is 50's, died right there from heat exhaustion. this heat can be deadly! stay cool!
As a fireman for Tampa, for 33 yrs. Now retired I can tell you fighting fire in full bunker gear with an air pack on your back adds 45 lbs to your weight. And then to have to fight fire in weather like this is unbelievable! So sorry to hear a brother F/F lost his life!

Forecast for 101 here..... Feels like your 80....lol I think we may get all the way up to 8% Humidity !! lol

I dont miss humidy....

Forecast for 101 here..... Feels like your 80....lol I think we may get all the way up to 8% Humidity !! lol

I dont miss humidy....
if I was 10 yrs younger I would sell out and move there. it would make NO difference to me that no one could understand my accent! ha

Out thermometer is reading a tick under 90*....and some buckethead is outside planting a tree....

I dont miss humidy....
In Eastern Washington....last I looked our humidity is at 12%. Spent 27 years in the Armpit...damn it, Garden State. Don't miss Jersey and that wicked humidity. Can remember floating in my parents Pool in my early 20's. 85*...97% humidity...and not a cloud. Taking cold showers...and sweating. Good times.
15 years in the "Valley of the Oven". "It's a dry heat"....so is sticking your head in an oven. First summer...100 straight days of 100+*....went something like 160 days without rain....talk about depressing. Standing in the post office, a tick or two past midnight...still over 100*. F THAT!

We only hit 102 .... GF made me roll up the windows and turn the A/C on....Did yard work earlier and still don't feel the need to shower .
I grew up in the n MN....there I wanted to shower every 20 mins !

-
Back