Not open for further replies.

WV64Signet

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a 9" air cleaner with a 5 1/8" neck to accommodate a Holley 4bbl. I am not looking for a restoration quality item. Either the entire air cleaner or just the 9" base could work.

If you have something a bit rusty needing refinishing please let me know.

26865 Zip

Thanks!

Last edited:
So you are looking for a stock type? If not, I bought my 9" filters with filtered lids off Amazon. Something like these...

upload_2022-6-9_15-23-18.png

So you are looking for a stock type? If not, I bought my 9" filters with filtered lids off Amazon. Something like these...

View attachment 1715939748

Yes.. have that one teed up as a fallback. Would like to use the 225 cake pan that I have on 5 1/8 base. Contingency is to cut and weld up out of the 14 cleaner I have now

Yes.. have that one teed up as a fallback. Would like to use the 225 cake pan that I have on 5 1/8 base. Contingency is to cut and weld up out of the 14 cleaner I have now

Didn't realize it was you Chris. I will check with some friends and let you know.

That's what happens when you change your Avatar :D

You still spending evenings with a cold one staring at that hood?

No it has been raining. Did take it off the other day and place it on the roof so I could make up some velocity stacks. Need to weld in the spreader bars and add the screen but they are turning out pretty good I think. Been raining every day since the show. I wish I could afford to continue the panel work down the sides with some lettering.

Resized952022060595151158.jpg

Resized952022060795193620.jpg

No it has been raining. Did take it off the other day and place it on the roof so I could make up some velocity stacks. Need to weld in the spreader bars and add the screen but they are turning out pretty good I think. Been raining every day since the show. I wish I could afford to continue the panel work down the sides with some lettering.

View attachment 1715939753

View attachment 1715939754

Well have to pick this up over in the Coffee House

Thanks for checking on the Air Cleaner Eric. Be well

Aah... I had a feeling that's what you were up to. Did the same thing to run a ThermoQuad and make a "fake Commando" out of my 360. Only issue was the height of the unit, the factory 360 manifold is taller than the 273's; had to use a shorter filter to tuck the cover down low enough to clear the hood, but still keep it high enough to clear the throttle linkage. A Wix 46036 element worked for me with the 9" base on my '66 Dart.

Use the one from the 66 383 that Mr. Norm used on the first 67 Dart. I have used an aftermarket 5-1/8" base from a cheap air cleaner, just sold that though with a chrome 67 273 set-up...

67 GTS Mr. Norm engine.jpg

View attachment 1715939753

View attachment 1715939754
That's kickass old school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back