9" drum spindle with tubular UCA'S.

-

Okibonoe

Reaction score
All the tubular UCA'S i see with rod ends come with large ball joints. Are there any UCA's with rod ends that come with small ball joints? If not, what do i need to do to make the 9" drum spindles work with the aftermarket tubular UCA's?

Drag car, btw.

TIA

Firm Feel
1962-72 "Small Ball Joint"
w/ Bushings and Bump Stops

UCAA1......$399

If theres enough material on the spindle to ream it out and it still be safe and strong, then ream it out to the BBJ spec. I believe places like speedway motors sell tapered reamers to open up the ball joint hole. Usual stockcar ****. You will have to figure out the degree of taper you need when ordering one of these. About $70

Thanks for the quick response guys. I was hoping one of these UCA's would work, but i was looking for rod ends on the arm. I want that suspension to work! Lol.

Looks like i gotta try and figure out this taper. Ugh

Lots of choices with the big ball joint.
Magnum Force, SPC, and more I'm sure.

Why do you have to have the upper arms with rod ends?

I'm using the QA1 tubular arms with the small ball joint. Works great, but they have poly bushings, not rod ends.

And another thought. If you're willing to spend that kinda money on upper arms, why not upgrade to disk brakes while you're at it.
Do you really want to be driving around with 9" drums?

HDK makes UCA assemblies (includes ball joints and spacers) with the small ball joint ($299 pair plus shipping) and will add rod ends / cone spacers in lieu of poly ends / spacers for and extra $25 .

UPS shipping to California ....figure $30

pay-pal accepted

e-mail HDK @
hemidenny@rocketmail.com

Hemi D with the solution!

For those who were wondering, its 9" spindles, but im going with Wilwoods drag front brake kit. And the rod ends offer near zero resistence.

For those who were wondering, its 9" spindles, but im going with Wilwoods drag front brake kit. And the rod ends offer near zero resistence.

HDK...for hot rodders...by hot rodders

After talking to rms he convinced me to go to 68-72 B body drum brake spindle. They can be had cheap as no one wants them.
If it is a dedicated drag car, wilwood makes a drag brake kit for this spindle and this spindle uses the large ball joint. Since you like the heim joints, qa1 also makes a 1 inch longer super low friction adjustable ball joint that improves the camber geometry.(wheels don,t tilt inwards on a wheelie and rms makes an upper control arm
With the heim joints as well. Its the way that I went. I also put in grease able lower control arms with a white nylon bushing and rms heim joint strut rods to like you said, really make it work. Oh and also the Calvert front shock, a real 90/10 shock, these babies extend real easy, not like my old Lakewood 90/10.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Last edited:
-
Back