9" drum to disc swap, proportioning valve

-

42willys

Reaction score
Hi guys, swapping out my 9" front drumsto disc.
Do I have to change the proportioning valve too. Or can I add an in line adjustible valve to the rear to correct any over breaking of the rear breaks??
Thanks

Was just talking to a friend thats a Mopar tech, he says to get a Dakota manual disc master cylinder and you'll not need any prop valve!! I ask because, I need to do my Duster and I knew he did his 69 Dart a couple years ago and had a clue.

I'll double check with the friend but, I believe he told me it was an early 90's model.

Was just talking to a friend thats a Mopar tech, he says to get a Dakota manual disc master cylinder and you'll not need any prop valve!! I ask because, I need to do my Duster and I knew he did his 69 Dart a couple years ago and had a clue.

If you go that route you will also need an adapter to mount the MC and an adjustable pushrod. The Dakota MC uses a two bolt mounting flange vs the 4 bolt on an A-body. Plus I have never seen a Dakota that did not have power brakes, pretty much everything that came with disk/drum brakes had power assist by the early 80's.

Told me today that he ordered a Master from Aerospace Brakes. The one he recieved was for a 99 Dak, according to the parts counter man. The overriding factor in the whole deal was the 1 1/8 bore.
I know the setup he had works well, 'cause I've watch him HARD on the finish line brakes at the local bracket races, without any drama.
I look up the MC I used on my '74 Cuda a few years ago and it was:
RAYBESTOS Part # MC36283
I promise you I used no prop valve in that car and had no issues!

-
Back