90* oil filter adapter

-

Docmcg

Reaction score
Does the small block Mopar 90* oil filter adapter fit on the slant six motors?

I guess it might, but you will have to remove the tube in the slant filter adapter first.

Just curious though. Why would you want to do that?

South African sixes has their filters on top of the valve covers. This had to be done to overcome clearance issues, being right hand drive steering interferes with filter otherwise.

Ters.

20160416_124718.jpg

20160715_131958.jpg

UM...the filter is sideways on a big block and I usually spill oil when changing those. Only way to be certain would be to mount it upside down.
I'm just sayin'...

To answer the first question,no the 90* small block adapter will not work with the external slant six oil pump.You can buy a remote adapter kit and mount the filter upright,attached to the inner fender.Check with Jegs or Summit.

I just put a drain pan under the oil filter ,loosen it up and drop it between the steering linkage .Easy as pie.

I'm not sure but check to see if Chrysler Marine may have a solution . I know it woould be an obsolete part but there may be a nos one around . A long time ago I bought (2) 426 wedge marine motors with a 1964 date . They had hardened seats , deepsump pans with swinging pickups , stainless hardware and were fresh water cooled and dual point ignition . Sold them to Dan Divorak for max wedge service .

-
Back