904 colum shifter linkage bushings help

-

Rd2Scamp

Reaction score
Im looking for the bushings that goes in the leaver on the transmission that shifts the gears and then the rod goes to the z-bar. I think thats the name for it. The bushings look to be smaller then the bushings that goes in the brackets that bolts to the frame and trans that the z-bar rotates on. Anyone know where to find replacement bushings or part #?

Thank you

Bushings for the "rear rod" is what I'm looking for.

linkpic.png

I know my memory fails, I wont argue that. I know shifters and torque shafts rotate in plastic bushings but I don't recall finding plastic bushings at every smaller linkage connection, be it floor shift or column shift assembly.
Year model often makes a difference and a parts book might have a more detailed exploded view. Lets hope you're not hunting what doesn't exist. Good luck

Where the rear rod meets the control lever there has to be some kind of plastic bushing. Way to much slop if there wasn't and there are no holes in rod for any kind of clip or pin.

Where the rear rod meets the control lever there has to be some kind of plastic bushing. Way to much slop if there wasn't and there are no holes in rod for any kind of clip or pin.
I dont have a pic of or even a name for the linkage clip that snaps on there. It don't leave a lot of space for a bushing. Clip of same design but smaller is used at a choke actuator rod. All examples in my head are 73 and earlier, mostly floor shift. I recall using a scissor jack to lift a sport fury in a parts yard just enough to reach under with a tiny flat head screw driver and disconnect that linkage without being able to see what my hand was doing.
Sometimes us old farts are best ignored.

Ok here's a picture of the rear rod laying in the holes that it goes in.

2357_1494013480253.jpeg

Ok here's a picture of the rear rod laying in the holes that it goes in.

View attachment 1715044692
74 up uses those bushings, i had some NOS one but used them all on linkage sets i sold. No one is repopping them yet that i know of for Mopar but you may be able to find one aftermarket that would work at your local auto parts on the help rack. If you can't find something PM me i will try to help you out with some correct used ones if i can

Im looking for the bushings that goes in the leaver on the transmission that shifts the gears and then the rod goes to the z-bar. I think thats the name for it. The bushings look to be smaller then the bushings that goes in the brackets that bolts to the frame and trans that the z-bar rotates on. Anyone know where to find replacement bushings or part #?

Thank you
Try your local transmission shop, or look for a transmission parts supplier, Transtar is one that comes to mind, they should be able to help you. I'm looking at an old parts catalog and there is only one linkage grommet listed for all TF6 & 8 series of transmission. Take a look it the bushing(attached pdf finle) with part number 22140, I think this is the one you're looking for.

Attachments

• trans bushings..pdf
    372.3 KB · Views: 343
I found some bushings at a parts store the other day in the help section. May work but haven't been able to try them yet.

Yes they did. Pain in the butt to put in but worked. Think I had to buy two packs to get all the bushings I needed

Set em in a cuppa hot water to help with popping them in.

-
Back