904 Governor Support

-

408 swinger

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a roller-ized governor support exists for the 904? maybe it isn't necessary for the mild performance stuff. Was just curious. At the parts house checking on Timken parts, they don't show a bearing that has the same shaft diameter as the 904. 904 shaft dia. at the support is 1.33. The bearings shown skip that odd size. 1.312 then 1.375. I understand this is not needed in most applications. Thanks for any info!!

A&A makes a roller support for the output shaft, but the diameter of the output shaft where the bearing rides is turned down in a lathe for the bearing. I don’t know the exact dimensions, but it is not that hard to do.

maybe Cope Racing Transmissions

A&A makes a roller support for the output shaft, but the diameter of the output shaft where the bearing rides is turned down in a lathe for the bearing. I don’t know the exact dimensions, but it is not that hard to do.
Was wondering if that is what was done. Would make sense considering bearing availability.

PXL_20230502_000139451.jpg

Looked up and down on their website. Think I could find it? Nope. Thanks for posting. Do you know the I.D. of the bearing?
The aluminum support is bored to 1.6245”. Bearing raceway is 1.312”. Output shaft journal needs to be machined to 1.312”. Bearing is INA SCE 2110. If you want the low/rev drum rollerized, need Koyo bearing B-2110 and machine a reducer bushing to fit the bore of the drum. Also machine off drum hub from rear support.

The aluminum support is bored to 1.6245”. Bearing raceway is 1.312”. Output shaft journal needs to be machined to 1.312”. Bearing is INA SCE 2110. If you want the low/rev drum rollerized, need Koyo bearing B-2110 and machine a reducer bushing to fit the bore of the drum. Also machine off drum hub from rear support.
10-4. Thanks!!

-
Back