904 Low Reverse band problem , to watch out for

-

mo-cars

Reaction score
Pulled apart my recently rebuilt 904 for inspection and found the low reverse band was burning on the inner section only .
It is obvious this is due to a faulty band that is not wrapped evenly and is dragging on the drum when not applied .
It's not the first one I have purchased like this , I should have known better and not used it .

Just something to watch out for .

036.jpg

I ran into 1 like that a couple yrs back. I also saw one that the middle part was twisted. How in the world they did that is beyond me. Overseas junk!

I ran into 1 like that a couple yrs back. I also saw one that the middle part was twisted. How in the world they did that is beyond me. Overseas junk!
Thanks for validating my concern . Yeah I wonder my self ; the QC cant be to good . I believe a lot of bands are relined , not a bad thing as long as the cores are good.

Pulled apart my recently rebuilt 904 for inspection and found the low reverse band was burning on the inner section only .
It is obvious this is due to a faulty band that is not wrapped evenly and is dragging on the drum when not applied .
It's not the first one I have purchased like this , I should have known better and not used it .

Just something to watch out for .

View attachment 1714930288
Is this a re-lined band or a new band. The reason I ask, is I sold a lot of these double wrap bands (both new and relined) and don't remember any issues with new bands. We did have a few issues with relined bands, depending which company we purchased them from.

This was a re-lined band , can see the wear marks from anchor and adjusting bolt when purchased. Not sure it's helpful to name the company but i got all parts from a well known trans builder in the US.

-
Back