904 Rear Servo Arm Removable??

-

Creedmoor

Recovering Fordaholic
Reaction score
I took the plunge into the mystical world of Chrysler automatic transmissions, having never worked on any automatic tranny. I have everything disassembled except for one thing - the arm the rear servo moves to apply the rear band. Everything else came out of the case in preparation for a good hot tanking. It looks as if the shaft it rides on is pressed in. Permanently. Does it indeed come out? If so ,how?

Thanks doods.

the pin it rides on is removable ..look where the tail shaft bolts on...you will see the end of the pin...dont remember what it takes to pull it out...just did one a month ago...lol

here ya go....google...a wonderful tool

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVOjb0JN4sc"]904 Torqueflite Rear Band and Drum Removal - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks aar! I figured there had to threads in there (they're deeper in the hole than ya think, so you can't see 'em). Didn't think to try a valve body screw. My tranny is now fully disassembled. Found what I think is the problem (pretty obvious even for a tranny noob). I'll start a new thread for that tomorrow.

For all you who are hesitant to dive into a 904, they come apart real easy. Now the rebuild.....

-
Back