904 slipping

-
Directions for installing the shift kit are pretty clear. They will supply all the springs to pump up the pressures, and detail how to adjust the line pressure; it's all in the kit.
But the kit assumes your pump is up to the task in the first place. So do a pressure test now before the tranny comes down. You will be looking for 250ish psiQ@2000rpm, in the L/R servo. In reverse, full pump pressure is sent there.If yo get it, at least your pump is good.
Failing a pressure test, you will have to carefully inspect the pump on disassembly and compare the clearances to the FSM specs

As to the sprag; with your hp level,(525tq/472hp) it might not take much to spin it in the case and then you are back to square one. So in the interest of saving you some disappointment: You might consider a 727 with a bolt in sprag, or
having your 904 professionally built,or
just put on some skinny tires
And for sure NO NEUTRAL DROPS,lol.

Here's a link
Home - A&A Transmissions

thanks everyone.. i guess ill repair my trans once i find a new core an get better parts

76 V8 is top of the line 904; it has all the best upgrades. Well, actually the 73s and up are there too,lol.
By comparison the 68 is a .....lot less desireable, and especially so with the 6 cylinder models.
Oh and yes there are several levels of factory beefiness,lol.

:elmer: "Beefier"

76 V8 is top of the line 904; it has all the best upgrades. Well, actually the 73s and up are there too,lol.
By comparison the 68 is a .....lot less desireable, and especially so with the 6 cylinder models.
Oh and yes there are several levels of factory beefiness,lol.

You know I sense there is something insanely funny about this beefy business, but I'm not getting it. What Am I missing? Is there some American innuendo in that?
Is this like calling a 904 a tranny? I think I finally figured that one out.

Oh it's my personal cork probably. It's just one of those words that seems to get tossed out you know like balancing and Blueprinting and all that kind of jibber jabber people who don't really know what they're talking about talk about. Kind of like they don't know what parts are really what they're doing so they throw a blanket word like beefing it up.

You know I sense there is something insanely funny about this beefy business, but I'm not getting it. What Am I missing? Is there some American innuendo in that?
Is this like calling a 904 a tranny? I think I finally figured that one out.

-
Back