904 to 727 in 72 swinger

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Need driveshaft and correct tranny linkage for transplant.:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha: Thankyou from Hayward Ca.

I did that swap on a 74 Duster with small block. It was a pickup trans that I had freshened up and higher stall convertor mated to it. Trans mount was same , but had to adjust slightly. Shortened the driveshaft and had to put different slip yoke on it for the 727. The stock floor shifter linkage worked fine. I put in headers and there wasn't room for the stock kickdown linkage; so I put in the Lokar cable assy. That worked slick. The cooler lines attach at trans a little differently so may have to bend and tweak or use hoses. I used different larger radiator and reused/rebent front tube and made new tube for rear. Good luck on conversion.

I have a driveshaft that came from a 75 Duster 4-speed OD and 8 3/4 rear. It has the larger slip yoke used in the 727, but the smaller U-joints. It measures 49" from C-C of the U-joints. If this works, let me know.

Ken
Edison, NJ
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back