904 trans lonkage questions

-

65cudalover

Reaction score
How do I make my 1965 cuda linkage work properly with the 318 holley 4 bbl carb work properly, is there a correct adaptor kit? Problem is trans is not shifting properly and according to trans shop that just fixed a bad metal line for me is keeping my trans from shifting properly. They said it was wrong carb for this car? Trouble is whole engine is wrong for this car. Switched from original 273 4bbl formula s model to 318 holley 650 4bbl. Suggestions, Help with setting linkage properly please?

First of all, you need to have the correct linkage. Maybe include a picture for us to see what you're working with. Now, a couple questions... Do you have the original 4 barrel linkage from the formula S car?? How does it mount? Is there a big plate on the back of the drivers side head that the linkage pivots on? If so, you need to change to the 3 piece linkage and eliminate that whole system. You will also need the linkage and high throttle cable bracket from a 340 4 barrel application. Included in my post is a picture of the high bracket and high 4 barrel bent linkage correct for a 68 Dart with 340 4 barrel automatic. You need to mate these to the upper bellcrank and use the rest of the 3 piece linkage on down to the trans. I got my 340 setup from Penstar Productions a few years ago, I think it was $32.00 for the bracket and upper linkage. Hope this helps, Geof

Attachments

• 100_2515.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 99
-
Back