904 Transmission pan

-
@VOETOM thats a nice pan. I bought the black steel pan for now. Maybe when I do this all again I'll look at a pan that is a little more fancy like the chrome or aluminum.

@340six I've read that the aluminum pans help with heat and also help strengthen the case before, thanks for reminding me. I did not know about the bolts, luckily I bought the black steel pan for now. When I find a spare 904 to build I will probably add an aluminum pan. Right now it would have been overkill and would have gotten super dirty.

As otgers,say on a,sheet metal pan vavle covered etc you must beat the holes back flat or they will leak no matter what gasket is used.
The plastic with O Ring were 1st used on 500 and 518 or st least when I started seeing them, and they are the Cats Ads.
One of my best friend's is a transmisson guy he likes them too. But has no problems with normal gaskets if the pan is not bent.
He takes the time to get them tgst way, and high dollar stuff gets deep pans.
Use bolts with captive washers or washers I am a,polisher. Used stainless bolts and stainless AN washers (Army/Navy)
As the ribs would not permit the use of regular sized ones.
I did not like the B&M. The fins(ribs) are on the sides so has,more than the Summit but like said was free to me.
Was more work than the Summit
This is a pan for 727 (518) I did my silliness on.

B&M-2.jpg

B&M-3.jpg

B&M-1.jpg

B&M.JPG.jpg

Well its time to start wrenching... or I guess I should say breaking stuff... since that is usually what happens

20220406_194216.jpg

20220409_131334.jpg

-
Back