904_G won't move in any gear.

-
I rememberd wrong. The trans is a 65 and has 2 holes in filter. I cycles the gear shift many times through all gears. I will do it some more. Am I damaging the trans by running engine and not going into gear? Should'nt the TC just pull up to the flex plate no matter the gap when bolted up? How would you change this gap? The trans is on a 84 truck engine now not the original 65. They both looked the same to me. Could there be a distance difference between the two motors? Now I am really worried.

if you arent getting any fluid out of the cooler lines then the front pump is either dry, or there is some sort of blockage , or it is shot. did you compare the filters when you had it apart? you need to get fluid coming out of the line. i dont think the converter to flexplate has anything to do with it. its possible you dont have the right filter. it could be the converter isnt full.

The trans filter was identical to old one. I just un bolted the TC and spun it I can here oil sloshing around in it. When I spin TC back and forth I here a slight clunking sound each way. From spining TC it is now about 1/4" away from flex plate. Seems alright, but I am no expert on this.

-
Back