906 or 452 heads????

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
Which heads are better. . .I hear the 906s are and I have a chance to buy a fresh bare set. . What's the difference between the 2?? Thanks a lot

- stephon

flow wise the 906s are just a bit better. But the 452s have the potential with a little work. The biggest seperation between the two in today's area: the 452s have hardened seats, allowing for pump unleaded gas. Unless the 906s you have a chance of buying have already had the work done, they'll need the hardened seats.

As cores. Nothing is really different. They will both need the same work.

flow wise the 906s are just a bit better. But the 452s have the potential with a little work. The biggest seperation between the two in today's area: the 452s have hardened seats, allowing for pump unleaded gas. Unless the 906s you have a chance of buying have already had the work done, they'll need the hardened seats.

The big difference between them is the port shape , the flame hardened casting on the exh seat is just a nice to have . as cast the 906 flows better than the 452 , but the 452 doesn't have the short turn like the 915/906 ,which makes it easier for the backyard head porter not screw them up. they are both open chambers heads , the 906 casting isn't as screwed up in regards to chamber depth from cylinder to cylinder unlike the last set of 452's i worked with .

that's my 2 cents , take it for what it's worth ...

which is why Mike from MRL will do the 452 head for you, for a good price like he did my RHS 360 heads

MRL??? Neverheard of it and why is your name burnt orange74 wen u have a 73 hahaha but who was that guy with the 452's I can get a fresh set of 906,s for 200 they're bare but clean, how much did. He want for the 452's

haha I will explain it all later here is his number 517-569 2672....He did my cylinder heads... and when they say the 452 are closed chamber means you can run less octane with higher compression like my motor =) with 110 octane ;) haha but call him and he will get you the cam and lifters and heads and you can get the air gap intake off ebay or craigslist He wanted something like 4-800 with valves and springs and ported

-
Back