-
Never forget the 8 EMS, the 23 NYPD, 343 NYFD, and 2,977 civilians.

Also never forget all the brave men and women, and our four legged fury friends, that came to search through the rubble. All the ones that got cancers or illnesses and passed later. Never forget all the high school kids that sat in the classrooms in horror, that completely changed their life plans and signed up to serve our country.

But let’s also never forget 9/12. Let us not forget the days afterwards, when we put aside our differences. When we all gathered together and hoped and prayed together. When stores couldn’t keep American flags on the shelf’s. When we remembered we are “One Nation Under God.” I never wish for another 9/11, but I wish we all acted like 9/12 again.

67008D67-509B-4171-A5CD-C3F35B7BAD20.jpeg

I went there during the Ground Zero days. We came in on a ferry into the Battery and wondered through lower downtown. Even though I had never been there before as we made our way to Ground Zero I could really feel the emptiness where they stood. A feeling I'll never forget.

I had business in NYC two months after 9/11. Our office was two blocks from the Trade Center, and was heavily damaged. When I drove into Lower Manhattan the smell of burnt insulation was still in the air. One of the first disturbing sites for me, as I came out of the tunnel, was seeing our National Guardsmen on street corners of NYC with weapons in their hands. Enough to bring tears to your eyes. I also remember the incredible anger I felt, being in NY after the attack, it was unreal, and felt personal. God Bless all the families, and may the victims Rest in Peace.

It should have changed all of us forever, now some don't give a **** anymore.

Last edited:
I agree with Rusty. I think only us old fucks remember. Or care really. Americans memories are short. Those who don’t learn from history, and understand that it repeats………

I was in kindergarten at the time, some days I wish I was older to fully know the pain, some days I’m glad I wasn’t. I always make sure to watch the shows and the memorials. I just want to let you “older” guys know there’s at least 1 “young” guy that still, and always will never forget!

I'll never forget that day. Wasn't there but ended up leaving work and watched the 2nd plane hit and everything after live on TV. Felt horrible like even though I'm several states away people were attacked just for being what I was. An American. Infuriating. Couldn't Imagine what it was or still is for everyone involved. But every year on 9/11 I watch the ceremony and several documentaries and try to explain to my kids what it was.I will never forget.

I was waiting for the repairmen to blow off 34 furnace to do Millwright Down day work in the melt shop. It involves lots of climbing 35-40 feet in the air. We were like soulless Zombies that day climbing and barely speaking to anyone. Our heads were everywhere but on the job that day. To this day I’m surprised none of us fell or got hurt.

I was waiting for the repairmen to blow off 34 furnace to do Millwright Down day work in the melt shop. It involves lots of climbing 35-40 feet in the air. We were like soulless Zombies that day climbing and barely speaking to anyone. Our heads were everywhere but on the job that day. To this day I’m surprised none of us fell or got hurt.
By the grace of God.

I remember watching it on the t.v in class, i was in the 6th grade. Wont ever forget that day. Later the next day 2 guys killed a Indian man in his liquor store the next city over. **** was nuts.

-
Back