.920 mopar torsion bars

-

mattm

Reaction score
Ok after reading the stuff on the pst n hotchkis torsion bars not having the offset in the ends n a looking through a few other threads n hearing they are far to stiff i cancelled my order with Carid.com n got some .920 mopar performance t bars through summit. Was this a good move or should i be looking in another direction still? Firm feels are a bit out my current budget

I don't know if this help but we did re-index our bars this last production run to a offset.

Thanks
James

.920 T-Bars. Years ago before there were many to chose from, we used them in this Duster build.They work well, the car handled great and we used PST front sway bar kit, KYB shocks.Stiff but not a harsh ride. I had no complaints.

Attachments

• Mopar Poster 1a.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 208
I don't know if this help but we did re-index our bars this last production run to a offset.

Thanks
James

James,
How many degrees is the index?
Thanks

I have JustSuspension 1" bars in my daily without any regrets. I upgraded from .087" bars.
Would be willing to upgrade a bit thicker to 1.06" if I can find them cheap locally.

My Dart also has a Hellwig swaybar upfront.

JAMES according to the guy i just spoke with in your sales dept i believe his name was adam they still aren't indexed? I was goin to cancel my order with summit I'd like larger bars but i want the option of bein able to go back up if i ever go back to 15" wheels

We re-index the bars I was the one that headed up the program on the new design they are in stock and ready to go. The new bars came in earlier this month.

Thanks
James

Do y'all deal with paypall or know of a vendor with your poduct who does?

I placed my order on the re designed bars i will keep everyone posted on how they do once they come in i hope to have them in within a week or so i am installing hotchkis strut rods n mancini boxing plates on lower control arms when i install them

i have posted the .920 bar question before and it is hard to find any body who use these bars.
most feel one inch are the way to go.
i am installing a new .920 bars in my Dart this spring and will find out what they are like.

i have posted the .920 bar question before and it is hard to find any body who use these bars.
most feel one inch are the way to go.
i am installing a new .920 bars in my Dart this spring and will find out what they are like.

i've replied to as many .920 bar threads that i have run across.

we put them in jamies 69 dart. they were great. car still had a nice ride (even with kyb cheepo shocks). it was firm but in no way harsh. and stayed a lot flatter in turns.

i've replied to as many .920 bar threads that i have run across.

we put them in jamies 69 dart. they were great. car still had a nice ride (even with kyb cheepo shocks). it was firm but in no way harsh. and stayed a lot flatter in turns.

This is good to know, that is how I am putting my duster together now.
I did add a Hellwig front sway bar, just looking for a nice cruising car.

I run KYB's on the front of my '73 Dart with 1" bars and I think the shocks work better with the bigger bars than the previous 0.87" bars I had.

-
Back