!966 dart gt convert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took an 8 hour drive yesterday to check this ragtop out. I would describe it as a nice car from 25 feet. there is a couple gallons of bondo at the bottom of both quarters and rust popping out above the rear wheel wells. The car wouldn't start- when I got there he had just poured gas into the carb to try to get it to run-has a carb rebuild kit for it.-I didn't hear it run. the car has been driven with out the trans kickdown rod hooked up- probably not good for the trans. the underhood area was crudely repainted and the paint on the car is kinda greyish-
Looked like a fresh master cylinder. the car is completely complete- nice grill and headlight doors- excellent chrome on front and rear bumpers. It does has an 8 3/4 rear- I am not sure if it was an original Commando car- had a single point distributer- with an interesting clear cap. I thought they 66s had a 273 four barrell barrel emblem- this had the regular V/8 emblem.
Most of the the trim was not really very nice- nicked up
Interior seats had tears- door panels and back were nice except for the carpet. Steering wheel was not cracked- dash pad had only a couple small cracks. Trunk lock was mia-
Not sure about the floors and trunk- guy said were clean
Mileage could have bee 69000 or 169000...
thought I would share what I know
Might be a nice car to pick up much cheaper and just cruise after taking care of small stuff
thanks for letting us know about it

thanks for your post-- your report sounds much different than the seller's. Lawrence

You are correct that 66 (67, too) 273 four barrel Darts had the 273 four barrel emblems.

Back on Jan 27, 1983 I saw a pale yellow 66 GT convertible, 273 four barrel four speed, in San Jose. Never saw the car again. I know the date because it the day after we bought our 68 GTS convertible...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back