9in coversion to Disk kit.

-

Jarvis

Reaction score
Let me start by saying, I'm sure this had to be covered somewhere else but I couldn't find it.

I have a 70 Dart /6 with 9in drums in the front. I want to switch to disks, but all the kits say 10in drums to disk conversions. Anyone know of a 9in to disk kit, or what would I need to get for a 10in drum to make the kit work. Is it just the spindles?

Little help would be great, as I have never really worked on a car before, and this is going to be my self-made dream car.

Thank you in advance

I believe all you'd need are the 10" drum spindles. Do you want to keep the small bolt pattern?

i am pretty new to all this car stuff myself but after doing some research, i determined that for me the best solution was to find a 73 or later a body and use as much from that donor car as possible. after researching the costs of everything for a disk kit and the work involved. i was able to find a complete running 76 with a 318 (so i can get rid of the /6) with some mild bolt on hop-up parts, disks in front, bigger drums in back, bigger rear axle, etc for about 100 more than a new disk kit alone.

course it took time and effort to dismantle it and i have a good sized garage and most importantly an understanding wife. but if i can do it anyone can.

good luck.

I would need to look again but I thought Scarebird Mechanical utilized the 9 inch drum spindles in their conversion.

-
Back