A-1 Trans Brake and other 904 questions

-

Bluecuda340

Reaction score
I bought a new in the box A-1 Trans Brake Valvebody a few years ago. It was probably 30 years old but it was brand new unopened. I put it in the car and it reverse wouldn't work but the trans brake would. Reverse would not work with the brake engaged either. I emailed A-1 about it and they just said send it in with no other context in the email at all.

That being said is it best to avoid an ancient design like this? I want to try a t-brake for when I run pro tree stuff(only on drag week really) but I really like how my cheetah RMVB works. If I don't use this A-1 what would be a good brake VB?

My car weighs 3550 on the starting line with me in it. It has been [email protected] with a 1.42 60ft. I have a 904 with the A&A spring pack, A500 pump gear change, red clutches, and I think I put a heavier band strut in it but can't remember. If I sign up for drag week this year I will likely pull it out and look through it. I have a low gear set I might try but if I do that I will likely change the rear gear as well, I don't believe I need a shorter SLR.

Is there any other mods that make sense while I am in it?

Thanks

Yes, it'd be best to avoid a transbrake valve body that was designed 30 years ago (unless it is an A&A).

The best protree torqueflite valve body would be a CRT billet transbrake valve body. Instant apply/instant release.

All the full tree stuff we build gets an A&A transbrake valvebody. Designed 30 years ago and they work very well. I've sold and installed 100s of them.

Edit: in my opinion you would not benefit from a low gear set in that combo.

Last edited:
-
Back