A-100 8 3/4"

-

6T9 V-100

Reaction score
I am buying an A-100 rear end from a rural yard for $175 complete. The measurement is identical to those for my '69 Valiant. I know the spring perches have to be changed from top-riding to bottom-hung. Has anybody ever utilized one of these rears in their cars? Any other pitfalls? Oh, I did notice the shock mounts- anybody ever use the A-100 axle mounts, then make/findangle the upper mounts to position the shocks more vertical than the canted A-body method?

The canted design under the rear of most Mopar cars is to help center the axle. This is because of the need to have bushings and rear shackles. If you change the shock mountings, you probably ought to weld a plate on the shackles to insure they stay square and keep the aft end of the leaf springs from pushing one way or another. You'll need to redesign them a bit to do this, but it may add stability to your ride.

I'm going w/340 springs, torsion bars, poly bushings in the leaf spring eyes, sub-frame connectors, torque boxes, and a gusseted K-frame. I've got the 12" discs, c-body tie rods, 20-1 steering gear, 8 3/4 housing brace, front sway bar, rear bar (modified '89 Gran Fury piece), KYB's, Moog "Improved Design" bushings...all the pieces to maximize factory parts at a decent price. Of course, like most folks on this forum, once something catches your eye (like the A-100 lower shock mounts) you start to think what you could possibly do with that on your application! My second thought was this- if the vertical shock mounting idea isn't plausible, maybe a 2nd, smaller shock could be mounted to lower axle wind up/hop? How can this sickness be called "Dodge Fever" when I own a Plymouth?

-
Back