A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
Today was cleaning up the floor boards readying for Dynamat Xtreme. Then I had a chance to work on the lower control arms tightening them up. I saw a video on YouTube...You cut the weld on the side, squeeze it together and re-weld. I am no expert welder, but it will hold and they are much tighter after the mod.

IMG_2340 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2339 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2338 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

I had no vise grips so channel locks turning the pipe wrench adjuster ring worked just fine, LOL!

IMG_2337 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Carefully taped the wheel well/shock tower off. Just shot two coats of base coat. Will post more pics tomorrow. Watching the clock and as prescribed... going to shoot 3 coats of clear next.

IMG_2343 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Thanks again DD, I am trying. The picture really doesn't do justice, but here is what I have this morning. I added a little black under coating to straighten out the transition from black to green, I will probably do the same back where the frame and the back part of the fender meet.

IMG_2352 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Using the pipe wrench as clamp absolutely made my day! I went to harbor freight and bought a ton of cheap vice grips and welders clamps when i did my body work, but i wound up drywall screwing two blocks of wood together here and there for clamps....
Whatever you gotta do....

busy little bee ain't ya,............lol guess you'll have to start looking seriously at motor combinations in the near future.

i'll be gone for a week to alaska, but when i get back we will have to have another mopar/beer discussion.

the paint and progress is bitchin' cali boy..........

higgs

Do I see a Colorado connection beer summit coming. I could drop off a couple of 360s. Higs we may need pics of your trip.

if you have 360's to drop off, you need to come over right away!

i'll be taking plenty of pics.......should be really kewl.
higgs

oh, and don't worry brock, we won't forget ya when it come's to "beer drinkin' time" there will be one requirement for you though, you better drive that damn belvedere up here or no beer for you........lol.

One of the 360s might fit in the trunk of the Belvedere. just say when.

Today was a monumental day! I am going forward (assembly) rather than backwards (disassembly). Installed the re-conditioned E brake cable, the 4 speed pedals , and wiring harness block. What a great feeling to be installing!!! The E brake cable was in fine shape other than the outside winding was all rusted. I wire wheeled the entire cable, hit it in an etching primer then coated it in Rustoleum undercoating....I like the black finish against the green!!! I also tore the wiper motor apart and cleaned up everything, then primed and hit with gloss black.

IMG_2369 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2368 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2370 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Looking great Alex. If you don't mind, take a look at the three bolts that hold the plate on the firewall that the steering column passes through and take a picture for me. I can't find mine and for the life of me I can't remember what they look like. As best as I can tell you pulled your column out in the past few weeks. May be you have them handy....Thanks

^ Bob, pic sent to your email.

Waiting on a set of Firewall Gaskets to arrive...more hurry up and wait. I am supposed to get my powder coated K member back Wed or Thursday.

While I have been waiting for my parts to come back from the powder coater, lots of Moog suspension parts have been arriving. Also a set of Bilstein shocks. I cleaned, rebuilt and painted the calipers in orange, I think they will look good with the green and black fender wells.

Just maybe the powder coater will show up today with the K member???

IMG_2384 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2382 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Also a quick "Thank You" shout out to Phil in Staten Island (philllyc)...He had an extra Torque Bracket which is a necessary part for my 4 speed conversion, Thanks again Phil...the shipping $ is on the way to you!

IMG_2385 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

-
Back