a-518 line psi adjustment

-

Dakota_Don

Reaction score
same as a 727? if so how many turns, CCW?

is this the correct location?

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

They varied by application on how many turns out it is set at. Why do you need to adjust it?

I want to make sure its right to oem specs, and if it helps maybe increase the psi like we use to do in the old 904/727 to improve shift quality.. not looking for shifts with a bang.. just a slight increase..

Ok. I have a manual on them but I doubt it says how many turns to adjust the regulator too. They usually just tell what the pressure should be. Can you run a line pressure test on it and see where it's at now? Remember the throttle pressure valve affects the reading in forward gears so to do the test you have to unhook the throttle linkage and push the lever all the way back.

The first is the main line pressure. The second is the kickdown limiter.

I want to make sure its right to oem specs, and if it helps maybe increase the psi like we use to do in the old 904/727 to improve shift quality.. not looking for shifts with a bang.. just a slight increase..

Don I looked through all manuals but I only have manuals for a 727/904 and a 42rh/42re trans but they all show the adjustment as being the same which is 1-5/16". That's measured from the valve body to the outside of the spring retainer. They also say for every turn it increases the pressure 1-2/3 psi. The line pressure stock is spec'd at 90-95 psi. I know with a Trans-go kit installed I've measured it and it's around 100-105 psi. I have never tried just turning up the line pressure without installing a complete shift kit. I doubt their would be a problem raising it a few psi but since I have never done it all I can say is proceed at your own risk.

-
Back