A-833 leaking again. dangit!

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I guess replacing the obviously cracked front bearing retainer did not fix my leak, or may have just fixed one of two leaks.

I have not pulled the trans back out yet, but the only thing I noticed was my input shaft was worn a bit where the front bearing retainer radial oil seal rubs there.

It was not smooth across the shaft and dipped down where the seal makes contact.
Wow, amazing that rubber friction can do that to steel, and I guess the new seal did not make any difference.

Anyways, I am suspecting this is my leak.

Is there a sleeve to repair this?

What I have done is too use several gaskets behind the bearing retainer, this moves the seal face further down the shaft and doesnt really interfer with anything else.

Wouldn't that affect the endplay of the input shaft? The bearing retainer serves several functions. Holds the front bearing in place,provides centering for the trans to bellhousing, sliding surface/guide for the throwout bearingand seals the trans input shaft.
I think that if that is were your leak is from that u didn't get the seal in streight? or damaged it when u pressed it in. Those seals will take up quite a bit of wear. also if the VENT is pluged u will develope pressure and cause a leak. Just more ideas.

Wouldn't that affect the endplay of the input shaft? The bearing retainer serves several functions. Holds the front bearing in place,provides centering for the trans to bellhousing, sliding surface/guide for the throwout bearingand seals the trans input shaft.
I think that if that is were your leak is from that u didn't get the seal in streight? or damaged it when u pressed it in. Those seals will take up quite a bit of wear. also if the VENT is pluged u will develope pressure and cause a leak. Just more ideas.

Got the seal in straight with no damage.

I'll know by this weekend what is wrong, I hope .LOL.

-
Back