Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridge

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Local guy near me has a A-833 overdrive four speed he wants to sell
he wants $250.00 for it I have no idea what it is worth.
It came out of a truck. Is this a good deal or not.
I thought someone on here might want it.

If it came out of a truck, is is probably a long shaft, which fits B and E body, but requires floor modifications for A body.

Sucks that the best option for an OD manual for Mopar are most prevalent in long shaft configurations that don't go into A bodies as well as the shorter version.

I have the same long shaft cast iron case for sale, been for sale forever, for 150 bucks.

ok thanks Backtobasics
I will tell him no one wants it
and thanks for explanation

have you seen it? best to check it yourself.
might be out of a feather duster :pirat:

I seen I think it was long shaft came out of crashed truck
He thought I would want it

Long shaft can go into an A body, but you have to do something with the shifter.
Dave Clements did a write up on it, there is an article on a forum some where. I think he goes by dc383 or something like that here.

Sucks that the best option for an OD manual for Mopar are most prevalent in long shaft configurations that don't go into A bodies as well as the shorter version.

They were used in A bodies and in volares and such which is the same configuration as A bodies. Lots of those were made. I have a cast iron A body overdrive myself. THANKS SHELDON!!!!

Dang, 75 bucks for a 4 sp? wow....tempting. Last 4 sp conversion left a bad taste: Hydraulic throw out clutch, firewall flex, hump mod...grumble...But as a replacement to an OD, sounds good.

Long shaft can go into an A body, but you have to do something with the shifter.
Dave Clements did a write up on it, there is an article on a forum some where. I think he goes by dc383 or something like that here.

Yes, I have a long tailshaft A833OD from a D100 pickup in my 68 Barracuda. I had to fabricate an adapter plate that bolts to the rear mount and positions the shifter forward to the stock A-body location (bigblockdart.com has a drawing for it). I also had to shortened the drive shaft about 3". On my car one of the bosses on the front mount would touch the torsion bar cross member under cornering but I nipped the edge off with a saws-all (or you could dent the cross member or it may not touch at all in your car).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back